Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Golden ginko!

OMG! I haven't updated in, like, forever! Recently, the paid writing work has kind of sapped the motivation to do the unpaid writing work. Poor excuse, sorry. But, I've still been out, enjoying the autumn weather, as the mercury creeps ever-downward. So, I have a stack of pictures, but very little to say.

And so, I bring you, ginko trees. I've been reading Rurousha's ginko updates, just waiting for the full golden glory. And I think, at least in Tokyo, this week is it! I had never been to Ichou Namiki Dori - literally 'row of ginko trees street', even though it's so easy to get to. Just walk between Gaienmae and Aoyama Itchome station and you'll see the blaze of yellow. This part of Aoyama features in Haruki Murakami's novels, like "Hard Boiled Wonderland & the End of the World," and "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running". And doesn't he like a long title! "IQ84" is quite an achievement in terms of brevity.

Anyway, on to the trees. That's what we're here for!











A symphony of yellow! You know how sometimes when you download your photos, you're tempted to play around with the colour balance, maybe warm it up - make it more saturated... go on, admit you do it too! Well, with these trees, there was no need. They were yellower than The Simpsons, without any need for enhancement. Go there. This week.

3 comments:

  1. 1) Yes, this week is it. ^^
    2) Thousands of photos and not much to say? That's exactly how I feel! Have you been mind-reading my thoughts?
    3) You don't need to colour-enhance anything? OK, that's it, you ARE reading my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: "IQ84 is quite an achievement in terms of brevity." Yes, as far as the title is concerned ... :p

    ReplyDelete